Commercial CCTV security systems are integral part of every business, in order protect your business and employees. As a business owner many have worked hard to build up their business, and the last thing you wan is to fall victim to a burglar or have your employees harmed in the event of burglary.
What is CCTV?
CCTV stands for closed-caption television. CCTV does not pick up public broadcasting signals, it only displays content picked up from the security cameras.
What is CCTV Used For?
CCTV is used for security monitoring of a building or premises. It can be used to monitor property-both private and public. It’s also used for surveillance, crime prevention, and investigation.
Advantages of Using CCTV
The obvious advantage of using CCTV as a business owner is to monitor your business premises. Deciding to use CCTV also has other advantages, some of these advantages are:
- Increased overall safety- Businesses are five times more likely than a home to be burglarized. Adding in security cameras makes your business less tempting to thieves.
- Deter shoplifters- The presence of a security camera makes your business less appealing to shoplifters.
- Improved perception of concern for customer safety- A visible security camera presence sends the message to customers that you care about their safety.
- Increase sales- They make it easy to track customer traffic patterns throughout your business. This allows you to move inventory and adjust stocking so that you’re taking full advantage of “natural” high-traffic areas.
- Help avoid legal claims- Avoid false legal claims of injury, fraud, or harassment with having video evidence at your disposal.
- Business compliance- Many types of businesses must have a video surveillance system in place to comply with HIPPA or SEC regulations as well as internal corporate policies.
I Want a CCTV For My Business, Now What?
The first step is to decide what kind of CCTV system you want. The types of CCTV cameras are:
- PTZ Pan Tilt & Zoom Cameras
- Day/Night CCTV Cameras
- Infrared/night vision CCTV Cameras
- Network/IP CCTV Cameras
- Wireless CCTV Cameras
- High Definition (HD) CCTV Cameras
The next step is survey your business site for size and location. This allows you to figure out how many cameras you need, and what type.
Choose Your Megapixel and IP Quality
The biggest difference is price, with HD systems coming in cheaper than Mega Pixel IP alternatives.
Choose your DVR or NVR and HDD
With a 720p/1080p HD system, you will need to choose a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) according to the number of channels. You should also decide upon the record/playback resolution of your DVR too. Mega Pixel IP systems are a little bit different and require an NVR (Network Video Recorder) instead.
But regardless of what you need, it is advisable to pick a recorder with more channels than necessary to allow for future requirements. This also makes sense when it comes to deciding upon an HDD (Hard Disk Drive), which are typically configured to ‘overwrite’ when they get full.
Why Work With Us
At Prime Protection LLC we offer the latest in commercial CTV security cameras. Whether you’re a large scale or small business we have something to suit every business owner’s need. As our basic package we offer 2 MP, 2 TB of memory, 4 IP cameras, 4 cameras, 8 channel, cat 5 cable, networking (remote viewing), and cover labor/installation.
Secure your business today to get started call us at 813-544-4335